Latest Event Updates
- Mix raw honey with a teaspoon of milk. warm for a few seconds in the microwave and apply all over the face and neck. wash it off with warm water.
- Steam your face once a week to get rid of toxins,blackheads and other blemishes.
- Exfoliate the skin with homemade scrub once or twice a week. Mix virgin oil with a bit of brown sugar. Rub very gently over the skin and remove with warm water. Splash your face with cold water to close pores.
- Using vegetable oils such as almond, is great to keep the skin hydrated and prevent wrinkles
- Mix two spoons of cream, a mashed banana and vitamin E capsule. Apply over face and neck for 15 minutes and wipe with clean soft cloth.
New cases of bird flu have been recorded in Lagos state, Nigeria, with an estimated 60,000 birds affected.
Mr Olugbenga Ogunsetan, Executive secretary of the poultry association of Nigeria, Lagos state chapter, confirmed that several poultry farms have been affected by the avian influenza flu in Ikorodu area of Lagos state.
“This has largely affected population of poultry products and leading to price hike in the area”, Ogunsetan said.
The permanent secretary of the state ministry of agriculture , Dr Olajide Basorun stated that ” the state government is making arrangement with the federal government for compensation to the affected poultry farmers”.
“Many economies have shut down because of this avian influenza and these economies have defendants, which means that a lot of people have lost their livelihoods” he said.
He also said where there was a reported case, the ministry had moved swiftly to conduct tests and depopulate such farms.
Source: vanguard news
Rev Emmanuel Asante , Chairman of the National Peace Council says the video released by ace journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas on the alleged 34 corrupt judges shows Ghana is “rotten,torn apart and smelly”.
He said after he saw the three-hour video titled “Ghana in the eye of God”, showing how judges, magistrates and other court officials across the country allegedly sold justice for cash, goats, sheep and yam.
“It is painful watching men and women charged to protect our rights compromise themselves with such careless abandon, this clearly shows how our own doings has made this country rotten and smelly” he said.
He noted that it is a shame to see how judges have become slaves to money and have therefore created a systemic corruption across the courts of the country.
Rev. Asante commended Anas for taking the risk to expose the rot in the judiciary and in other facet of the society.
Source: Ghana web
The biggest breakout hit Empire, is back for season 2 and it’s going to be better than ever.
If season one was about who gets the throne, season 2 is about warring kingdoms.
Rather than try to outdo themselves in season 2, the producers made sure they did not lose what made empire such a big hit in the first place, and that included not overdosing on big name cameos.
Empire premieres Wednesday at 9/8c on Fox.
Which team are you on??? #teamcookie# or #teamlucious#
Studies show that the gap between getting just enough sleep and getting too little sleep may affect your health, mood, weight and even your sex life.
Listed below are some of the reasons why you need to sleep:
1) Better Health: Getting a good night’s sleep won’t grant you immunity from diseases. But study after study has found a link between insufficient sleep and some serious health problems such as heart diseases, heart attacks, diabetes and obesity.
2) Better Sex Life: According to a survey conducted by the National Sleep Foundation, up to 26% of people say their sex life tend to suffer because they don’t get enough sleep . Impaired sleep can be associated with lower testosterone levels in men.
3)Less Pain: Researchers have found that getting good sleep can supplement medication for pain.
4)Lower Risk Of Injury: Sleeping enough might actually keep you safer. Sleep deprivation has been linked with many notorious disasters like auto accident from drowsy driving.
5) Better Mood: Not getting enough sleep affects your emotional regulation. When you are overtired, you are more likely to snap at people , burst into tears , or start laughing uncontrollably.
6) Better Weight Control: The hormone leptin plays a key role in making you full. When you don’t get enough sleep, the leptin level drops which results in craving for high fat and high calorie foods .
7) Clearer Thinking: Sleep loss impairs your cognition, your attention and your decision making. Studies have shown that people who are sleep deprived are substantially worse at solving logic or maths problems than they are well rested.
So why don’t you shut down your computers, turn off your phones, turn off your lights and go to bed an hour early tonight.
The trial of the senate president of Nigeria, Dr Bukola Saraki , at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) sitting in Abuja has been adjourned to October 21, 2015 .
The trial took a dramatic turn when he refused to mount the dock.
Eventually Saraki entered the dock and pleaded not guilty to a 13-count criminal charge that was preferred against him by the federal government.
Source: vanguard newspaper
The court of appeal and federal high court, both sitting in Abuja, Nigeria, refused to shield the senate president Dr Bukola Saraki from being arraigned at the code of conduct tribunal (CCT) on a 13-count criminal charge bordering on false declaration of assets preferred against him.
The senate president had approach both courts to provide him shelter and save him from being docked.
In a ruling yesterday, a three-man panel of justices of the appellate court, equally refused to stop the inspector general of police ,IGP, Mr Solomon Arase from executing the warrant of arrest issued against Bukola, by the CCT.
Saraki has through his team of lawyers filed an ex-parte motion for an injunction, shortly after the Justice Danladi Umar led panel of CCT, insisted that he must be arrested and produced in court today for arraignment.
Justice Ahmed Mohammed of the federal high Court in Abuja yesterday, fixed September 30 to commence hearing on fundamental rights enforcement suit that Saraki filed against the federal government.
“This court is of the view that considering the constitutional and radical nature of this matter, time should not be dissipated on the consideration of interlocutory matters” Justice Mohammed ruled.
Source: vanguard newspaper